Below you find an overview of APECS mentors in the Netherlands. Mentors can help polar early career researchers (ECS) with all sorts of polar career related questions. ECS can contact the mentors directly, but our advice is to do this via the APECS NL contact form to be properly introduced. Also, if you are looking for scientists with a specific background, but which are not in the list, please contact us to help you further.
- Coördinator Willem Barentsz Poolinstituut
- Guide in Polar regions
- Polar Terrestrial Ecologist at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Arctic population ecologist at University of Groningen
- (Polar) Marine Viral Ecologist at the Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
- Professor Viral Ecology at the University of Amsterdam
- Polar Marine Chemist at the Netherlands Institute for sea Research
- Ad Huiskes (1947) started in 1989 with studies on the vegetation in Antarctica, since 1996 focusing on the influence of enhanced UV-B radiation and climate change (temperature and moisture changes). He has been chairman of the Netherlands SCAR committee, co-chairman of the national IPY committee, Netherlands delegate to SCAR and Vice-President of SCAR (2008 – 2012). He retired on April 1st, 2012.